1. About using this website
By using this website, you are accepting all the terms of this disclaimer notice. If you do not agree with anything in this notice you should not use this website. This website is owned by is owned by Cerba Lancet Africa, registered as Cerba Lancet RSA (PTY) LTD, registration 2018/450057/07
"Network" refers to the Cerba Lancet Africa representation in Africa including:
- Lancet Laboratories Eswatini Lancet Laboratories Eswatini (Pty) Ltd
- Lancet Laboratories Gabon
- Lancet Laboratories Ghana trading as MDS-Lancet Laboratories Ghana LTD
- Pathologists Lancet Kenya
- Lancet Laboratories Mozambique trading as Lancet Laboratórios Moçambique Lda
- Clina Lancet Laboratories Nigeria trading as Clina Lancet Laboratories Nigeria
- Lancet Laboratories Rwanda trading as Lancet Laboratories Rwanda LTD
- Lancet Laboratories Tanzania trading as Lancet Laboratories Tanzania LTD
- Lancet Laboratories Uganda trading as Lancet Laboratories Uganda LTD
- Lancet Laboratories Zambia trading as Lancet Laboratories Zambia
- Lancet Laboratories Zimbabwe trading as Lancet Clinical Laboratories, Zimbabwe
2. Warranties and liability
While every effort is made to ensure that the content of this website is accurate, the website is provided “as is” and Cerba Lancet Africa and its network makes no representations or warranties in relation to the accuracy or completeness of the information found on it.
While the content of this site is provided in good faith, we do not warrant that the information will be kept up to date, be true and not misleading, or that this site will always (or ever) be available for use. We do not warrant that the servers that make this website available will be error, virus or bug-free and you accept that it is your responsibility to make adequate provisions for protection against such threats. We recommend scanning any files before downloading.
Nothing on this website should be taken to constitute professional advice or a formal recommendation and we exclude all representations and warranties relating to the content and use of this site.
In no event will Cerba Lancet Africa and its network be liable for any incidental, indirect, consequential or special damages of any kind, or any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, those resulting from loss of profit, loss of contracts, goodwill, data, information, income, anticipated savings or business relationships, whether or not advised of the possibility of such damage, arising out of or in connection with the use of this website or any linked websites.
Nothing in this disclaimer notice excludes or limits any warranty implied by law for death, fraud, personal injury through negligence, or anything else which it would not be lawful for Cerba Lancet Africa and its network to exclude.
4. License to use this website
By using this website, you agree to the exclusions and limitations of liability stated above and accept them as reasonable. Do not use this website if you do not agree that they are reasonable.
If any of the points in this disclaimer notice are found to be unenforceable under applicable law that will have no bearing on the enforceability of the rest of the disclaimer notice.
Material on this website, including text and images, is protected by copyright law and is copyright to Cerba Lancet Africa and its network unless credited otherwise. It may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast, or transmitted in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Prior written consent of the copyright holder must be obtained for any other use of material.
No part of this site may be distributed or copied for any commercial purpose or financial gain. All intellectual property rights in relation to this website are reserved and owned by
5. Links to other websites and products
Links to other websites are provided for the convenience of users. We are unable to provide any warranty regarding the accuracy or completeness of the content of such sites, or the reliability, quality or effectiveness of any products provided through external websites. A link to an external site does not imply an endorsement of the views, information or products provided or held by such websites.
6. Law and jurisdiction
This disclaimer notice shall be interpreted and governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa, and any disputes in relation to it are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts in the Republic of South Africa.
We reserve the right to revise and amend this disclaimer notice from time to time and any revised version will be deemed to be applicable from the first date of publication on this website.
8. Ownership of copyright
The copyright in this website and the material on this website (including without limitation the text, computer code, artwork, photographs, images, music, audio material, video material and audio-visual material on this website) is owned by Cerba Lancet Africa and its network and its licensors.
9. Copyright license
Cerba Lancet Africa and its network grant to you a worldwide non-exclusive royalty-free revocable license to:
- view this website and the material on this website on a computer or mobile device via a web browser;
- copy and store this website and the material on this website in your web browser cache memory; and
- print pages from this website for your own [personal and non-commercial] use.
Cerba Lancet Africa and its network does not grant you any other rights in relation to this website or the material on this website. In other words, all other rights are reserved.
For the avoidance of doubt, you must not adapt, edit, change, transform, publish, republish, distribute, redistribute, broadcast, rebroadcast or show or play in public this website or the material on this website (in any form or media) without Cerba Lancet Africa and its network prior written permission.
10. Data mining
The automated and/or systematic collection of data from this website is prohibited.
You may request permission to use the copyright materials on this website by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Enforcement of copyright
Cerba Lancet Africa and its network take the protection of its copyright very seriously. If Cerba Lancet Africa and its network discover that you have used its copyright materials in contravention of the license above, Cerba Lancet Africa and its network may bring legal proceedings against you seeking monetary damages and an injunction to stop you from using those materials. You could also be ordered to pay legal costs.
If you become aware of any use of Cerba Lancet Africa and its network copyright materials that contravenes or may contravene the license above, please report this by email to email@example.com
13. Infringing material
If you become aware of any material on the website that you believe infringes your or any other person’s copyright, please report this by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cerba Lancet Africa and its network are committed to ensuring the privacy and integrity of information submitted by users of our website. All information of a personal nature submitted or provided by users will be treated confidentially and will not be disclosed to any person without the express consent of the user concerned but always subject to the following:
1. Disclosure of any information provided or submitted by a user will only be allowed to be made where:
- Such information is in the public domain; or
- Cerba Lancet Africa and its network are obliged in terms of any law, order of a court, legal process or other lawful reason to disclose such information.
2. Personal information may be disclosed to Cerba Lancet Africa and its network vendors, suppliers, and marketing agents where this information is necessary for them to evaluate and enhance the product and services offered on this website.
3. Cerba Lancet Africa and its network may disclose certain personal information of users such as names and e-mail addresses to affiliated service providers for purposes of distributing promotional materials, surveys and questionnaires or other information or material for which a user has specifically indicated its willingness to receive.
4. Cerba Lancet Africa and its network may provide general information to third parties which do not contain particular personal information of users such as their names and addresses, and which is intended to be used solely for compiling statistical or demographic information or otherwise.
5. Cerba Lancet Africa and its network do not and cannot control the confidentiality, access to or dissemination of information which is retrieved using "cookies" or information retrieved through the collecting and storing of IP addresses of visitors to this website. A "cookie" is a computer file, which is transferred automatically from our website to a user's computer during an online session which enables Cerba Lancet Africa and its network and its sponsors and advertisers to customize webpage content and to gather general information on the use and frequency of the user traffic. An IP address is an address assigned to your computer or server identifying it when conducting Internet activity.
15. Spam policy
In the context of electronic messaging, spam refers to unsolicited, bulk or indiscriminate messages, typically sent for a commercial purpose. Cerba Lancet Africa and its network have a zero-tolerance spam policy.
1. Automated spam filtering
Cerba Lancet Africa and its network messaging systems automatically scan all incoming email [and other] messages, and filter-out messages that appear to be spam.
2. Problems with spam filtering
No message filtering system is 100% accurate, and from time-to-time legitimate messages will be filtered out by Cerba Lancet Africa and its network systems. If you believe this has happened to a message you have sent, please advise the message recipient by another means. You can reduce the risk of a message being caught by the spam filters by sending the message in plain text (i.e.no HTML), removing any attachments, and ensuring that your messages are scanned for malware before dispatch.
3. User spam
Cerba Lancet Africa and its network provide a facility that enables users to send email messages / private messages to others. Users must not use this facility to send unsolicited, bulk, or indiscriminate messages, whether or not for commercial purposes.
4. Receipt of unwanted messages from Cerba Lancet Africa and its network
In the unlikely event that you receive any message from Cerba Lancet Africa and its network or sent using Cerba Lancet Africa and its network systems that may be considered to be spam, please contact Cerba Lancet Africa and its network using the details below and the matter will be investigated.
16. Linking policy
1. Status of linking policy Cerba Lancet Africa and its network welcome links to this website [made in accordance with the terms of this linking policy]. This linking policy is intended to assist you when linking to this website or by using this website you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this linking policy.
2. Links to this website
Links pointing to this website should not be misleading. Appropriate link text should always be used. From time to time the URL structure of this website may be updated, and unless Cerba Lancet Africa and its network agrees in writing otherwise, all links should point to www.cerblancetafrica.com
You must not use the Cerba Lancet Africa and its network logo to link to this website (or otherwise) without Cerba Lancet Africa and its network's express written permission.
You must not link to this website using any inline linking technique. You must not frame the content of this website or use any similar technology in relation to the content of this website.
3. Links from this website
This website includes links to other websites owned and operated by third parties. These links are not endorsements or recommendations.
Cerba Lancet Africa and its network have no control over the contents of third-party websites, and Cerba Lancet Africa and its network accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
4. Removal of links
You agree that should Cerba Lancet Africa and its network request the deletion of a link to our website that is within your control, you will delete the link promptly.
If you would like Cerba Lancet Africa and its network to remove a link to your website that is included on this website, please contact Cerba Lancet Africa and its network using the contact details below. Note that unless you have a legal right to demand removal, such removal will be at our discretion.
17. Medical disclaimer
1. No advice This website contains general information about medical conditions and treatments. The information is not advice and should not be treated as such.
2. Limitation of Warranties
The medical information on this website is provided "as is" without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cerba Lancet Africa and its network makes no representations or warranties in relation to the medical information on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Cerba Lancet Africa and its network doe do not warrant that:
- the medical information on this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- the medical information on this website is complete, true, accurate, up-to-date, or non-misleading.
3. Professional assistance
You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare providers.
If you have any specific questions about any medical matter, you should consult your doctor or other professional healthcare providers. If you think you may be suffering from any medical condition you should immediately seek medical attention. You should never delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice, or discontinue medical treatment because of the information on this website.
18. Contact us for information
Stanley Studios, 39 Stanley Avenue,
Milpark, Johannesburg, 2092. South Africa
+27 (0)10 592 7505,